ella

Friday, February 10, 2012

Something sweet....

My life is less than perfect. I have no doubt that everyone says that from time to time. Right now my house is a wreck, my homework is ridiculous, I never leave the house, I can't lose my baby weight, and my daughter is very needy right now. I don't really like it, but I remind myself almost hourly that is could be so much worse.

I'm not a hoarder with a house so full of trash you can't move around, the dishes just need to be washed and Emily's toys need to be put away and I should just straighten up my paperwork... I'm just be grateful I am able to get an education and I get to graduate after next semester!... I really do like staying home with Emily and I am grateful I don't have to work and be gone all day. ... I just re-read the Hunger Games and it made me think how glad I am that I'm not starving to death. I gain weight by just thinking about food and it is very hard for me to lose weight but at least I'm not starving.... And I get a baby who finally wants to snuggle. Yes she throws a few tantrums during the day...( which I will fix soon!!!!) and she is suddenly a very picky eater and she won't sleep by herself at night, BUT! I get a baby who I can snuggle and cuddle and hug and kiss and who hugs and kisses me back. Baby kisses fix the world!

I have to try hard to see something sweet in everyday life. I am usually pretty pessimistic and a born complainer but I don't want to be anymore. I am a daughter of God and I have no business looking down on and thinking I'm better than the trials He chooses to send me. Elder Holland said: Nothing is ever so bad that complaining about it won't make it worse... and I fully believe that. With the trials of life come sweet blessing and much happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment