ella

Monday, June 10, 2013

Sydney's Here!

At last I have a minute to write about my Sydney girl.  On Friday May 24 at 9 am James and I went to the hospital to see if the doctor could help Sydney want to come out and join the family.  Dr Redfern did something with a balloon in my cervix and the nurses started me on pitocin.  Having passed the original due date by two weeks and still only being at a 1, 70% effaced, and baby's head at a -2, inducing me was the only thing the doctor could think to do since we were trying for a VBAC. It worked! But it took 20 hours! Holy freaking long time! But at 5:13:25 am on Saturday 5-25-13 Sydney Jane Hudson joined our family.  Pretty calmly too.  She cried for a bit but I chose to do skin to skin and she snuggled down quickly. She weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and at the time, due to a cone head she was 22 inches long. Once her head shrunk back down she was only 20 inches.

She has now been with us for two weeks and already she weighs a pound more than her birth weight.  She is such a chunker compared to Emily.  At two weeks Sydney is wearing clothes that Emily didn't wear till she was three months!  I'm not sure how to handle a baby that grows so fast! :)  But she is so beautiful and calm.  Just like Emily, she doesn't cry much.  She sleeps ,most of the time and when she is awake she just looks around.  She seems to really love looking into our faces.  She likes it when we talk to her.  I feel so blessed to have two beautiful girls.

James is loving it too.  He jokes that he hates girls but he comes home from work every night and the first thing he does is snuggle on the couch with all three of his girls.  He loves to get hugs and kisses and he loves to just sit and hold Emily and Sydney.

I think Sydney looks so much like James and almost just like Emily did when she was born.



No comments:

Post a Comment